Monday, February 24, 2014


So of course there really hasn't been a lot of sewing progress going on, but suddenly I am a bit motivated to start sewing.  You see, last week I found out that I won the pattern of my choice through a giveaway on Vicki's blog!  Because I haven't had much any time to sew since my little darling was born, I have felt like I don't know where to start.  So, to make things easier for myself I put the pressure completely on Vicki to pick out a pattern for me :)  Luckily, I know that Vicki has great taste so I can be assured that she will pick out a wonderful pattern for me to sew up.

In anticipation of the arrival of my pattern I decide that I would clean up my sewing space since it was a disaster.  As I entered the room, the very thing that I was hoping to ignore was the first thing that caught my attention - a UFO from 2013.  I really don't have many UFOs, an Easter dress from 2012 and a maternity dress that I really wanted to make last year.  The UFO that is sitting on my dress form is that maternity dress.  I started it right about the time that things at work exploded with business and I didn't have the energy to complete it before my daughter was born.

I don't know why I am like this, but I feel like I can't start a new sewing project until I complete what I have already started.  It's almost like I am too logical, or possibly just crazy.  So, with a newly cleaned sewing room, I feel like the best way to prepare for the pattern that will be coming my way is to finish sewing my maternity dress.  No, I am not pregnant again, I promise.  However, I have always wanted a big family so chances are that I will be pregnant again.  I now know from past experience that it is hard to sew while pregnant, so it only makes sense to finish this dress now and be able to wear it when I have bump number two.

Here I am at 41 weeks pregnant after a long day of work!
For your viewing pleasure, I snapped up this photo of the unfinished dress when I was 41 weeks pregnant - yes a full week after my little one was due, and she wouldn't be born for four more days after this photo was taken.  So far I have attached the front and back and sewn the ruffle on.  The ruffles were sewn on backwards and need to be ripped out and re-sewn - so the only real progress I have made is the shoulder seems.

Fingers crossed that I will find some time to finish this soon in hopes that my sewing room will be completely ready to start a new project.